- To generate AI images with text on Google, open Google Search, compose a description prompt with many details about the image inside the search box, and click the “Search” button.
- The Search Generative Experience will create four variants of the image that you can view, edit, and download on your computer.
On the Google Search page, you can now create images with AI, similar to the feature available on Bing Chat. As part of the Search Generative Experience (SGE), not Bard AI, you can now convert text into realistic images through the Google Imagen text-to-image model capable of generating photorealism and deep language representations.
At the time of the writing of these instructions, the company is gradually rolling out the experience. As a result, it may take some time to reach everyone.
In this guide, I’ll teach you the steps to use the Search Generative Experience (SGE) from Google to create images.
Generate images on Google Search
To create an image with AI on Google Search, use these steps:
Open a web browser.
Open the Google Search page.
Create a very descriptive prompt to create an image. For example, “create an image of a realistic bear drinking coffee in the forests.”
Choose the best version of the image that matches your intent.
Click the Edit button.
Update your prompt to refine the image (as necessary).
Click the Generate images button.
Select the AI image that Google Search has generated.
Open the Export menu and choose the Download option to save the image on the computer.
Once you complete the steps, the image will download as a “.png” file that you can use anywhere.
When using Google Search AI to create images, for the best results, consider these tips:
- Compose your prompt with the intent keywords like “draw a picture” or “create an image.”
- Offer as many details as possible for a more accurate result.
- Use the “Edit” option to refine your prompt.
- Provide the dimensions of the image, as the AI model will always create a small rendering by default. Use keywords like “create a large image” or specify the width and height in pixels (the chatbot may ignore the specific size, but the end result will be a larger image).
You may also see the option to create images with AI from the “Google Images” page while searching for different pictures. If the feature is available, Google will show a “Create something new” block in the page results with the “Generate” button to create a new image with AI.
If you can generate images from the search page, you can also try signing in with your Google account and, from the Labs page, opt into the Search Generative Experience (SGE).