If you get a message when reinstalling Chrome: Installation failed, error code 0x80070057 this means that the system still has files from the old version of the browser. To get rid of these files, use this guide:
- Press Win + R on the keyboard to launch the Run system tool.
- in the search bar, type regedit nd clickOK.
- Press Ctrl + F on your keyboard to launch the registry search engine.
- In the section Browse in the search: check only the section Names.
- In the search bar type chrome.
- Click Find next.
- Delete everything that was found. 8. Restart your computer. Note: start installing Chrome Again only after you restart your computer.