If you get a message when reinstalling Chrome: “Installation failed, error code 0x80070057” this means that the system still has files from the old version of the browser. To get rid of these files, use this guide:
- Press “Win + R” on the keyboard to launch the “ Run “ system tool.
- in the search bar, type “ regedit “and click”OK”.
- Press “Ctrl + F” on your keyboard to launch the registry search engine.
- In the section “Browse in the search:” check only the “section Names”.
- In the search bar type “chrome”.
- Click “Find next”.
- Delete everything that was found.
- Restart your computer.
Note: start installing Chrome Again only after you restart your computer.