We have previously written about how to create your own iPhone ringtone from a 30 second piece of music. Today we’ll figure out how to import this ringtone to iPhone in order to use:
1. Drag the ringtone file to your desktop.
2. Change the file format to “TenAlert.m4a” -> “TenAlert. m4r”.
3. Click “Use .M4R” when the window appears.
4. Connect iPhone to laptop.
5. Open Finder (macOS File Explorer).
6. In the sidebar on the left, click on the connected iPhone to start syncing.
7. Click “Trust”.
8. Enter your iPhone passcode if prompted.
9. Enable the option “Manage music, movies and TV” in the section “ General”.
10. Drag the file “TenAlert.m4r” into the synchronization window.
To use this ringtone go to “Settings” -> “ Sounds and Notifications” -> “Ringtone”. Your ringtone will be displayed at the top of the list.