How to listen to YouTube in in the background?
Imagine you find a cool music mix or a useful podcast on YouTube and want to listen to it on the go.
Unfortunately, YouTube does not allow this by default and when minimizing the video, playback will pause.
Fortunately, there is a simple life hack how to cope with this task:
1. Open the video of interest on YouTube. You will see the mobile version of the site with “ m.youtube“ in address.
2. In the browser, open the menu by clicking on the ellipsis in the upper right corner.
3. Check the box “PC Version”.
4. Minimize your browser or lock your phone.
5. In the notification panel, click on the play button next to the video.
After these steps, you can listen to YouTube videos in the background even with your phone locked.