How to reset the settings on Android to factory? (Hard Reset)
If the device freezes, stops turning on, or if it is locked and you have forgotten all access methods.
Doing a Hard Reset is a last resort, because it deletes all user settings, as well as all data from the device and returns it to factory settings.
How to reset via Recovery?
1) Turn off the device
2) To get into the Recovery menu, you need to hold down the key combination:
a) Volume down + power button
b) Volume up + power button
c) Volume Up/Down + Power Button + Home Button
d) Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button
Navigate through the menu using the volume buttons, select an item using the power button / home button
3) Select “wipe data/factory reset”.
4) Confirm the action: “Yes – delete all user data”
5) Click “reboot system now”.
6) The device will reboot itself and return to the state at the time of the first start.
How to reset via Settings?
1) Go to “Settings”
2) Find the item “Backup and Reset” (Name may vary)
3) Select “Factory Reset”
4 ) Confirm the reset and, if a password or pattern is set, enter them
5) Click “Erase everything”
Reset for Android 8.0 and above
You can find the “Reset to factory settings” item by going to the “System” tab> “ Restore and Reset”> “Reset Settings”