This week on tech, we still waiting for a new preview build of Windows 10. At Mobile World Congress, Microsoft talked about Windows 10 for phones, unveiled the new Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL, launched a new foldable keyboard, and confirmed Project Spartan will arrive in the next preview build of the operating system.
During the MWC 2015, Samsung officially introduced the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. Interesting enough, the new version of the popular Android phone brings a totally new design with premium materials and Microsoft will offer 100GB of free OneDrive storage to customers to overcome the limitations of the phones.
This week, Microsoft unveils its strategy for developers to build universal apps for Windows 10.
At the Game Developers Conference, the software giant also shared details about the future of gaming on Windows 10 and Xbox. Xbox Live SDK for Windows 10 is now available for developers to build new games and deploy them to the unified Windows Store. In addition, Xbox 360 gets preview program to let users test future updates of the platform, despite the console is almost ten years old.
This week also, Microsoft released Office 2016 preview for Mac, bringing the first major update of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook since 2011. Mac users can test the suite of apps now and for free.
New video and screenshots show a leaked version of Project Spartan with Cortana integration in Windows 10. Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 spotted at the Mobile World Congress shows Bluetooth and pin individual settings support coming to the platform.
Windows 10 build 10031 leaks onto the web and now we see that Microsoft is bringing transparency to the Start menu and new login screen.
Finally, you learned how to remove the Windows 10 Technical Preview update from Windows 8.1, if you change your mind before installing, that way you won’t be reminded constantly that there is a new update ready for install. And you learned the difference between the expanded version of the Start menu and Continuum mode in Windows 10. All this and more…
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Windows 10 build 10031 shows new login screen fully integrated (screenshots)
- Microsoft demos gaming experience on Windows 10 (video)
- Office 2016 for Mac: Hands-on with new features and enhancements
- Windows 10 build 10031 includes Start menu transparency and uncovers more details
- Microsoft’s Office 2016 for Mac preview ready for download
- Project Spartan: A deeper look into Microsoft’s next web browser (screenshots)
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 brings Bluetooth keyboard support and pin settings option
- Microsoft’s GDC 2015 announcements: The future of Windows 10 and Xbox One on gaming
- Microsoft launches Xbox Live SDK for Windows 10 at GDC 2015
- How to remove the ‘Upgrade to Windows 10 Technical Preview’ update from Windows 8.1
- Microsoft launches Xbox 360 preview program to let users test future updates
- Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge: Tech specs, features, and availability
- Windows 10: The difference between expanded Start menu and Tablet mode explained
- The best of Microsoft’s Mobile World Congress event in 7 minutes (video)
- New leaked video demonstrates Project Spartan with Cortana integration in Windows 10
- Microsoft details universal app platform coming in Windows 10
- Microsoft unveils new Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL low-cost phones
- Microsoft has a new foldable keyboard with ultrathin design
- Microsoft’s Spartan browser arrives in the next Windows 10 build