This week on tech, Microsoft brings Office for iPad, a collection of three apps (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to the most popular tablet. At the same time the company makes Office Mobile for Android and iPhone completely free, and releases product guide to get started with the new software.
If you’re using Office 2013 and you need to reinstall the software, but you don’t have the DVD or installation files, Microsoft allows you to download the files once again with your valid product key, you just need to know where to look.
For those without an Office 365 subscription, this week I showed you how to make Office Online more like a full version of the software with simple tweaks — pretty useful to save money and access Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Online more quickly.
This week Microsoft, for the first time in history, made MS-DOS version 1.1 and 2.0 and early version of Word source code available for the world to see. This is huge for the software giant as most companies always keep their code very secret, best of all you can actually download the source code as well and learn how the most popular operating system in the world started.
Finally, Google Now finally arrives to Chrome desktop for Windows and Mac, and it is really easy to enable the feature in the latest version of the web browser. All this and more…
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Office for iPhone and Android are now completely free
- Download the Office for iPad product guide to learn more about the suite
- Office for iPad arrives and it’s free to download, but it’s a catch
- How to download Office 2013 setup files using your product key
- MS-DOS and Word for Windows early source code now available to the public
- How to make Office Online apps feel more like full desktop apps
- Google Now arrives to Chrome desktop on Windows and Mac, here is how to enable it