This week on tech, Microsoft long overdue IMAP protocol support comes to Outlook.com allowing outdated software, services, and devices to connect to Microsoft’s email service. I also showed you how to configure your Outlook email account in Thunderbird with the new IMAP settings.
As we’re getting closer to the holiday season, details about new Windows 8.1 tablets are starting to emerge from Nokia (Windows RT tablet codename Sirius), Microsoft (Surface 2), Lenovo (Miix 2 and Miix 8 using Bay Trail, latest Intel’s Atom processor), and many other companies.
For many of you who are having trouble installing Windows 8/8.1 app, I published a new how-to guide this week to fix different errors and enable you to install or update Metro style apps (e.g., Xbox Music, Video, Skype, etc.).
This week also we got more details on hardware specs for Surface 2, we learned that Microsoft is holding a press event on September 23rd to introduce the new line of Surface, Xbox Music app arrives to Android and iOS, and Microsoft soften up releases Windows 8.1 RTM to MSDN and TechNet subscribers. All this and more…
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- How to set up an Outlook.com account to Thunderbird with IMAP settings
- Windows 8.1 tablets lineup for 2013 holiday season
- In-depth Windows 8.1 demo: all features, apps, and devices (video)
- How to fix Windows 8 apps that won’t install or update from the Store
- Skype for Windows 8.1, see what’s coming
- Windows 8.1 RTM officially released for MSDN and TechNet subscribers
- Xbox Music arrives to Android and iOS, and web player gets free streaming
- Microsoft launching Surface 2/Pro 2 on Sept. 23rd during NYC event
- Surface 2 specs shows: Tegra 4, 1080p display, and two-position kickstand