This week on tech, new rumor emerged indicating that indeed Microsoft will be launching a Surface Mini, just not this year, we’ll have to wait until some time in 2015.
Microsoft opens beta test program for new version of OneNote for Android. All Surface tablets get firmware update as part of July Patch Tuesday. The company also released a few other updates to patch vulnerabilities in Windows and Internet Explorer.
The software giant this week also showed that is trying to move Xbox 360 customers to Xbox One with new promotional offer of $75 to all those Xbox 360 owners who upgrade to Xbox One.
For all those proud Surface Pro 3 owners, this week I published a massive guide filled with tips and tricks for the third generation of Microsoft’s tablet. The guide includes over 40 productivity tips and tricks, from taking a screenshot to different buried secrets to using the Surface Pen.
Finally an old Microsoft Research video shows how the company will bring Cortana, digital assistant, to Windows.
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Join the OneNote for Android beta program
- Before Cortana, there was Louise and was integrated into Windows 8 (video)
- Surface Pro 3: the ultimate tips and tricks guide
- Microsoft Surface family gets July firmware update
- Microsoft offers 360 owners $75 credit to move to Xbox One
- Microsoft Surface Mini won’t debut until 2015