This week on tech, Microsoft rolls out three previews of Windows 10, including build 10158, 10159, and 10162. While Windows 10 build 10158 was the release with the most changes for the upcoming version of the operating system, build 10159 brings a new updated logon screen, the default Windows 10 wallpaper, and over 300 bugs fixes, and build 10162 only includes bug fixes, better reliability and performance, battery life, and compatibility improvements.
Along with some many Windows 10 builds that rolled out this week, this didn’t stop from upcoming changes to leak. This week, release notes emerged unveiling new changes coming in Windows 10 build 10163; there aren’t new features included in this build, but there are many bug fixes, and now we can also prove that there are a few new known issues.
This week I also published new videos highlighting all the changes in Windows 10 build 10158, 10159, and 10162.
Microsoft publishes a new chart to help customers decide which version of Windows 10, they should buy. The chart compares Windows 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education.
This week also, Windows Insiders will start seeing the new popup tips to help users learn the new features in Windows 10.
There has been reports from users having issues installing the latest build of Windows 10, as such I have published a new how-to guide to help Insiders upgrade successfully to the newest preview. On a new how-to, we looked at how to change the title bar color in Windows 10, now that Microsoft still hasn’t updated this element in the operating system.
Windows 10 Mobile build 10158 screenshots leaked onto the web unveiling a number of improvements, including new transparency tiles and new animations.
A Windows fan creates a great wallpaper that combines the new Windows 10 hero image, the Ninja cat riding a Unicorn, and the Windows flag – a really great download.
Finally, Microsoft adds a cheaper Intel Core i7 model for its Surface Pro 3 with 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM. All this and more…
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- How to change the Windows 10 title bar color to match personalization
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10158 screenshots leak revealing new improvements
- Windows 10 build 10163 release notes leaks onto the web details new changes
- Windows 10 build 10162 ISO files now ready for download
- Windows 10 build 10162 now ready for download on the Fast ring
- Here’s chart comparing Windows 10 Home vs. Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Education
- Windows 10: Insiders will be begin seeing popup tips today
- Windows 10 build 10158-10159: Hands-on with UI, new features, login screen, apps (video)
- How to update to the latest Windows 10 build if everything fails
- Windows 10 build 10159 ready for download with over 300 fixes
- Windows 10 new default wallpaper merges with the Ninja cat on a Unicorn (download)
- Windows 10 build 10158 now ready for download through the Fast ring
- Microsoft adds new cheaper Core i7 Surface Pro 3 model with 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM