This week on tech, Windows 10 crosses the 100 million installs in only weeks after launch, and the fast adoption doesn’t seem to slowdown. Microsoft takes on privacy concerns in the new operating system and confirms that it’s not violating customer privacy and explains that users have control over the information the company can collect.
The software giant also publishes new documentation to explain how the Windows 10 activation works, and what’s the difference between the new “digital entitlement” and the old product key activation method.
Early this week, Microsoft “accidentally” listed the upcoming Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL in the online store confirming some rumors that have been circulating for several weeks. Also a new video rendering shows the upcoming Lumia 950 XL in 360 degrees.
Windows 10 get new cumulative update (KB3093266) bringing new improvements to the operating system, and Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 get September firmware updates with various enhancements.
Microsoft updates Xbox Live to expand Xbox One Party Chat to up 12 people. The update is happening in the cloud, as such users won’t be seeing a new update on their consoles.
As we get closer to the holiday season the software giant announced five different Xbox One bundles. Some of them you can buy them now, and others such as the Xbox One 1TB Holiday Bundle, The LEGO Movie Videogame Bundle, and Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle are only available for pre-order.
Skype for Windows finally gets integration for real-time translation for voice and text, and the update will be arriving in the coming weeks.
Late this week, Microsoft announces that it’s now ready to start expanding its new Xbox One Experience Preview and soon more users will receive invites to join the program. Also, the company said that Cortana on Xbox One will be arriving next year, and the company is now rolling out a new update for Xbox Beta app for Windows 10 with various improvements.
A new rumor begins floating the internet this week, claiming that it’s possible that Microsoft will be adding a preview of the Messaging app in the next Windows 10 Insider Preview build.
HP Spectre X2 12 tablet photos leaked online revealing that the PC maker plans to release a new Surface-like tablet.
Dell is the other company also building another Surface alternative tablet, and this week several images were uploaded to the web revealing more details on the 2-in-1 convertible.
VAIO is also making a comeback to the United States, after Sony sold out the division around a year in a half ago. The company is now introducing the Z Canvas, and it’s another Surface alternative designed specifically for those professionals who work with visuals on PCs.
This week, I also added a number of new Windows 10 help guides explaining how to create local user accounts in Windows 10, and how to uninstall Xbox One games without losing the game ownership.
Finally, this week during a new Google event, the company introduced a number of new products and updates. During the event Google announced the new Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P, a new Chromecast and Chromecast Audio, and a new Surface look-alike Pixel C tablet. All this and more…
- Universal Messaging app might arrive in the next Windows 10 preview build
- Windows 10 for Xbox One: More users get invited, Cortana arrives in 2016, Xbox Beta app updated
- VAIO makes a comeback to the U.S. with the Z Canvas Windows 10 tablet
- Xbox One Fallout 4 Bundle now ready for pre-order, available November 10
- Dell’s XPS 12 looks like a very promising Surface alternative device
- Skype real-time voice and text translator arrives to Windows
- Xbox One holiday bundles offer unmatched value and choice for gamers
- How to create a local user account in Windows 10
- Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 September firmware updates details
- Windows 10 receives KB3093266 update on September 30
- Here’s everything Google announced during its September 2015 event
- Microsoft Store online lists upcoming Lumia 950 and 950 XL phones by accident
- Microsoft expands Xbox One Party Chat to 12 people, update rolling out now
- HP Spectre x2 12 tablet is yet another Surface look-alike
- Download Office 2016 Quick Start Guides for Word , Excel , PowerPoint , Outlook and OneNote
- Microsoft addresses Windows 10 privacy concerns and clarifies that you’re in control
- How to uninstall Xbox One games to make space for new ones while retaining ownership
- How activation works in Windows 10: Digital entitlement vs. product key
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL rendering video shows the handset from every angle
Support my work and use this link for your Amazon purchases or use the PayPal button at the bottom of this page to donate. Thank you!
I’m always looking into ways to improve, but if you have any suggestions, feedback, or something you would like to learn, leave me a comment.