This week on tech, Microsoft explains that Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM, it will be just another pre-release version of the operating system; by no means being an Insider is path to obtain a free valid license of Windows 10, however if you stick with the program you can use the operating system for free.
Windows 10 Mobile build 10149 rolls out to Insiders with new changes and improvements, and the company says that those users who opted to stay on build 10080 to avoid rolling back to Windows Phone 8.1, now they can upgrade without problems. However, build 10149 still not an operating system ready for daily use, as it includes a number of known issues and other problems.
Early this week Samsung got caught saliently disabling Windows Update on its devices with a file called “Disable_Windowsupdate.exe”, due to the community reaction the company issued a statement promising that will stop the practice and as result Samsung will update its software to stop blocking Windows updates from reaching users.
Microsoft announces the new free games with Gold for Xbox owners and reveals that Xbox One will begin getting two free games each months starting July.
The software giant also published a new video in YouTube explaining how the new Xbox One backwards compatibility will work with Xbox 360 games.
Surface Pro 3, Surface 3, and Microsoft Band get a new firmware update to bring performance improvements to the devices.
This week, Microsoft rolls out the final version of Office apps for Android phones, while Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are full-featured apps that anyone can download for free from Google Play, they still mobile apps and are not meant to release the full desktop version of Office.
The software maker unveils the Windows 10 default wallpapers users will get every time they boot their PCs for the first time.
Windows 10 build 10154 screenshots and release notes leak onto the internet unveiling what’s new in the operating system. Finally, this week, you also learned how to disable Chrome’s phishing and malware warning for good sites. All this and more…
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Samsung will stop disabling Windows Update on PCs in the coming days
- Windows 10 build 10154 screenshots and release notes leak onto the web (gallery)
- What’s new in Windows 10 Mobile build 10149
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10149 known issues
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10149 now available for download
- Microsoft’s Games with Gold program now offers two Xbox One free games
- Microsoft unveils the Windows 10 default wallpaper (video)
- Microsoft Office apps for Android phones are now freely available for download
- Microsoft explains how the Xbox One backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games works
- Microsoft’s Surface and fitness Band get June firmware update
- The Insider program isn’t a path to score a free Windows 10 license, Microsoft says
- How to disable Chrome’s phishing and malware warnings for good sites