Microsoft reverses controversial Xbox One internet requirements, changes used games policies, and removes region limitations for games. Outlook.com to drop linked accounts feature in favor of aliases after security concerns on users with multiple email accounts.
Samsung announces the ATIV Q, a new laptop that practically does it all, it runs Windows 8 and Android, and you can use it a laptop or tablet with a stunning 3200 x 1800 qHD+ screen resolution. And this week I wrote a new editorial highlighting 18 features that will make think different about Windows 8. All this and much more.
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Samsung ATIV Q runs Windows 8 and Android with a stunning retina display
- Microsoft drops Xbox One internet checks and changes used games policies
- Quick Windows 8 Task Manager video tutorial
- Massive free Microsoft eBook collection includes Windows, Office 365, and Visual Studio
- How to add a new Outlook.com alias (step-by-step)
- 18 Features why upgrading to Windows 8 is the right move (editorial)
- Tiny workspace with a clever small DIY computer desk
- Desktop Fun: Playful Puppies theme for Windows