Simulating Slow Internet**
If you are a web development or you have your own website, it is a good skill to be - learn how to check the download speed with slow Internet:
- Open the target site.
- Go to the developer tools by pressing F12either a keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+i.
- Go to the Network / Network tab.
- In the drop-down list (in the screenshot), select the creation of your profile by clicking on the Add … button
- Continue the creation by clicking on the Add custom profile … button
- Specify the name, download speed, download speed and delay … We have specified the values Slow Internet 100 kbit / s, 50 kbit / s and 10 ms espectively.
- Click the Add button.
- Then select the created profile from the drop-down list and restart the page.
The browser will use the selected values when loading the page. You can clearly see how long the page takes to load and which resources (media files) take longer to load.