Halo 5: Guardians receives its first of many to come free update. 343 Industries has announced that the “Battle of Show and Light” update is now available for everyone to download at no extra cost on Xbox One.
The new update brings a lot of extra features, more customization, new maps, new perks, and the update also fixes a number of issues inside of the game, including 48 new REQs, including new armors, helmets, weapon skins, weapon and vehicle variants, a new visor and assassination, and new emblems. New Big Team Battle playlist to Arena matchmaking, and added BTB (Big Team Battle) Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Slayer to matchmaking and custom games.
Here’s the breakdown of content update for Battle of Shadow and Light
For all BTB game types, the Motion Tracker is the same size as Warzone at 25m (larger than the Arena Motion Tracker), and match length is 16 minutes.
- BTB CTF – Score to win: 3 Captures
- BTB Strongholds – Score to win: 150 points
- BTB Slayer – Score to win: 100 points
Added 4 new BTB maps, also available in both matchmaking and custom games:
- Basin by the 343 Multiplayer team.
- Deadlock by Nokyard & the 343 Multiplayer Team.
- Guillotine by The Psycho Duck & the 343 Multiplayer Team.
- Recurve by The Fated Fire & the 343 Multiplayer Team.
- Fixed an aiming issue that could occur due to variance in controller hardware.
- Made a variety of tuning tweaks to Warzone Assault, including faster REQ leveling, decreased base capture time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds, and reduced starting grenade count to 1.
- Disabled Friendly Fire in SWAT.
- Increased respawn time from 1 second to 3 seconds in SWAT.
- Added the “deliver” nav point for vehicle drivers who have a friendly flag carrier as a passenger.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to use the driver and gunner seats while holding the flag. Now, the flag carrier can only sit in the passenger seat.
- Improved Post-Game-Carnage-Report consistency.
The Halo channel in YouTube even released a video highlighting all the new changes:
343 Industries even released an infographic showcasing (almost) all REQs in this new update.
Halo 5: Guardians — Battle of Shadow and Light REQs,
Getting the new update is as easy as launching the game, then you will be prompted to download and install the new content update. In addition, the company also notes that the REQs will take some time to propagate.
If you’re still looking for a reason to buy an Xbox One, remember that you still have time to purchase an Xbox One bundle and get a $60 game for free, including Halo 5: Guardians and Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.
What do you think about the new free content update? Let us know in the comments below.
Source Halo Way Point