To disable history saving in the Google Chrome browser through the registry editor:
- Press ‘Win+R’ and enter the command ‘regedit’.
- In the registry editor, navigate to ‘HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies’.
- Within it, create a new ‘Google’ section by right-clicking on ‘Policies’.
- Within the new section, create a ‘DWORD’ parameter called ‘SavingBrowserHistoryDisabled’.
- Open the new parameter and set its value to ‘1’.
After restarting the computer, the browser history will no longer be saved. This will eliminate the need to switch to ‘Incognito’ mode or use additional extensions each time.
If this rule is enabled, the browser history will not be saved, tab synchronization will not be performed, and users will not be able to change this setting in their browser settings.