Many third-party applications add their icons directly to “System Settings”. Moreover, in this section there are already plenty of a wide variety of items for built-in applications and basic operating system capabilities.
All unnecessary can be easily removed:
1. Open “System Preferences”.
2. Go to “View” in the menu bar.
3. Select the option “Customize…”.
4. Disable section switches that you don’t want to show in System Preferences.
5. Click “Finish” at the top of this window to save your changes.
It should be clarified that in order to periodically access hidden menus from “System Settings” open them each time again won’t have to. To do this, just go to the section “View” in the menu bar and open the required item manually. The main window will be needed only for frequently used items.