This week on tech, Microsoft sources revealed the company could be delivering Windows 9 preview as early as next month. We also looked at 18 features the tech giant should consider including in the next version of the operating system. Rumors strongly suggest Microsoft is integrating Cortana into Windows and we could see her arriving in Windows 9.
This week the software maker released Windows 8.1 “August update” and Patch Tuesday, which brings several fixes to Windows and Internet Explorer, and Surface tablets also received a new firmware update.
Gamescom 2014 happened this week in Germany and Microsoft delivered its keynote on Xbox One and various announcements were made. The company talked about the lineup of games coming to Xbox One on 2014 and 2015. Talked about new features and changes coming to the console in the coming months, and officially announced a white version of Xbox and a 1TB limited edition are coming this holiday season.
Finally, this week we looked at the fact that Microsoft is now letting PC makers install Windows Phone in devices that aren’t phones, and how this could affect the future of Windows RT. All this and more…
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- How to disable the Surface Pro 3 Windows home button
- Windows Phone setting to replace Windows RT
- Windows ‘Threshold’ technology preview arrives late September
- OneNote online gets co-authoring and faster syncing
- 18 Features Microsoft should include in Windows 9
- Xbox One games lineup 2014/15 and release dates
- New Xbox One Media app to support a tons file types from USB and DLNA
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday August 2014 brings system update, patches, and Surface firmware
- Microsoft will launch a white and 1TB version of Xbox One
- Windows 8.1 ‘August Update’ now ready for download
- Microsoft turns Xbox One into a Slingbox to stream TV around the house in coming update
- Microsoft details new features coming to Xbox One later this year
- Gamescom 2014: how to watch Xbox briefing live stream – #XboxGamescom
- Cortana is one step closer to debut in Windows Threshold
- Microsoft cuts Surface Pro 3 prices by $150 for students