This week on tech, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 combined reached the ten percent operating system market share, while we start to see Windows XP finally falling below 30%, and Windows 7 gains almost 1% as many users leaving XP feel more comfortable with the previous version of the Microsoft OS.
Talking about numbers, during the month of December 2013, new data shows that Internet Explorer 11 is the fastest growing web browser software with a jump of almost 11% in just one month. Overall IE keeps the web browser crown with a total market share of 58%, Firefox falls second, and Chrome gets the third place.
As we get closer to CES 2014, rumors starts popping up about the next wave of PC, surprisingly this year seems to be the year of multiple operating systems in the same computer, as new rumor points out to Intel-based PCs running Windows and Android. However Microsoft and Google aren’t very happy about this plan…
Also this week we know which Xbox 360 games Xbox Live Gold members are getting, you can now also learn how to submit Windows 8.1 apps created with Microsoft’s Project Siena, the software giant releases Cold Alley airplane simulator for Windows 8.1. And finally something really interesting happened, Microsoft filed trademark for the word “Mod”, which it may be the replacement for “Metro” when referring to the Windows 8 design. All this and more…
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Next PC gen to run Windows and Android at the same time
- Desktop Fun: Isle of Man theme for Windows
- Microsoft trademarks ‘Mod’ to replace ‘Metro’ to refer Windows 8 design
- Data shows Internet Explorer 11 is the fastest growing web browser
- Windows 8.x crossed 10% market share while XP falls to 28% and Windows 7 goes up
- How to submit a Project Siena app to the Windows Store
- Xbox 360 free games for January: Sleeping Dogs and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
- Microsoft Studios ‘Cold Alley’ airplane simulator game arrives to Windows 8.1