This week on tech, giant Xbox One appeared in Canada with an uncommon cargo, zombies, that took over the Vancouver streets promoting Dead Rising 3 and the new game console. Speaking about Xbox One, early this week we also learned the Microsoft’s game console will only run “Call of Duty: Ghosts” at 720p, putting the console’s power in question, as PlayStation 4 will natively run the game at 1080p.
Also Windows RT 8.1 brings USB Ethernet adapter support to Surface and other tablets. But here is the catch, most users will have to manually install the drivers before the Ethernet adapter can work properly. (I also want to point out that Microsoft has quietly removed the note from the Surface website saying that the adapter works in Surface RT. As such you can make it work, but it’s not supported by the company.)
If you’re still planning to move to Windows 8.1, this week I published a few helpful articles to choose a compatible antivirus, how to remove Microsoft targeted ads using Bing Smart Search, and how to remove the secure boot watermark in tablets and UEFI-based PCs.
Finally we looked into the new version of Google Glass and I showed to get your Google+ custom URL for your profile or page.
All this and more… Here is all you might have missed:
Welcome to 10Alert: IT Digest edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Observed Tech podcast episode 112: Xbox One, Windows 8.1, Surface
- Xbox One supports CD playback and DLNA streaming, PS4 won’t
- Desktop Fun: Glowing Beaches theme for Windows
- How to stop Windows 8.1 Bing Smart Search from targeting ads
- Outlook 2013 RT final for Windows RT 8.1 released with restrictions
- Giant Xbox One in Canada Unlocked! It was filled with zombies
- Xbox 360 free games for November: A World of Keflings and Iron Brigade
- ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’ to run only at 720p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4
- How to fix USB Ethernet adapter in Surface RT with Windows RT 8.1
- First look: New version of Google Glass (images)
- Removing ‘SecureBoot isn’t configured correctly’ watermark in Windows 8.1
- How to claim your Google+ custom URL for profile or page (step-by-step)
- List of fully compatible Windows 8.1 antivirus
- Why Windows 8.1 apps still active after closing
- Xbox One video fully demos dashboard, navigation, and voice commands