- Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family launches in Ireland and Colombia.
- The new plan allows sharing the Xbox Game Pass benefits with up to four people.
- The subscription costs 49,900 COP in Colombia per month and 21.99 Euros in Ireland.
- Microsoft will expand the availability to more countries in the coming days.
Microsoft introduces a new gaming subscription plan with the “Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family” marketing brand. However, the company is in the early stages as the subscription is only available in Colombia and Ireland.
The new subscription has been designed to share the Xbox Game Pass benefits with up to four people (five people in total when counting the primary account owner), which is not limited to family and friends. You can share the benefits with anyone as long as they are in the same country.
According to the company, the “Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family” plan costs 49,900 COP in Colombia per month and 21.99 Euros in Ireland. This pricing translates to around 5 Euros per month per each individual to access the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate benefits, usually costing 12.99 Euros per month.
In the coming months, Microsoft has plans to expand the sharable plan to more countries, but it isn’t mentioned when the plan will arrive in the United States or the United Kingdom, for example.
Those with an existing Xbox Game Pass subscription can switch to the “Friends & Family” plan, but the change is subject to conversion”
- 30 days Game Pass Ultimate translates to 18 days of the Friends & Family plan.
- 30 days Game Pass (Console) translates to 12 days of the Friends & Family plan.
- 30 days PC Game Pass translates to 12 days of the Friends & Family plan.
- 30 days Live Gold translates to 12 days of the Friends & Family plan.
- 30 days EA Play translates to 6 days of the Friends & Family plan.
The “Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family” subscription plan is virtually the same as the “Xbox Game Pass Ultimate” plan, which means that everyone gets access to the same game titles, access Xbox Cloud Gaming (xCloud), Xbox Live, and PC versions of the game. The only difference is that you can now share the benefits with others, making the service more affordable.