If you still running one of the ‘Previews’ builds of Windows 8, you must know that they will expire in about a month from now. So this is the time to prepare and migrate to the full version of Windows 8 or 8 Pro. Doing it now will also save you money and you will prevent your PC rebooting every two hours.
- Developer Preview will expire January 15, 2013
- Consumer Preview and Release Preview will expire January 16, 2013
Making the migration is really cheap, if you bought a new PC starting June 2nd with Windows 7 and you wanted to try one of the Previews, you still entitled to get the Windows 8 Pro upgrade for $14.99. For everyone else the Pro upgrade is $39.99 (click Here) for the download version and it allows you to upgrade from XP, Vista, 7 and 8. The same upgrade, but the retail box runs for $69.99 — even cheaper if you shop around.
Things to know
- You cannot upgrade the Previews versions of the OS. However, you can use the upgrade media to perform a clean install.
- The prices listed in this article will last until January 31st, 2013
- For a limited time Microsoft is also giving away Windows Media Center, which otherwise will cost you $12.79.